|Jr. High Social Studies|
Thursday, 11/7/19: Reconstruction paragraph - Success or Failure?
Monday, 11/11/19: Complete two articles from SW #31 - "Exit Slavery, Enter Racism," p. 3 and Time line on p.4
Tuesday, 11/12/19: IXL P-2; Reconstruction test on Thursday.
Wednesday, 11/13/19: Reconstruction test tomorrow.
Thursday, 11/14/19: Print out Ch. 28.
Wednesday, 11/20/19: Civil Rights Project (due 11/27) - Look over the worksheet (front and back) on how to write a news report. Then, check out some online newspapers - egs. NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, The Record - so you can see how the articles are written.
Thursday, 11/21/19: Work on Civil Rights Project. Share information with your partner using the Google docs newspaper template.
***PRINT CH. 16 (CIVIL WAR) BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 2.***
- Civil Rights Project due Wednesday, 11/17/19.
- Know geography of US by Monday, 12/2/19.
Wenesday, 11/27/19: Be sure to print out Ch. 16 for Monday, and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Monday, 12/2/19: Go over notes, Ch. 16, section 1.
Tuesday, 12/3/2019: Know Ch. 16, section 1.
Wednesday, 12/4/19: Read section 2, pp. 516-521 of chapter 16.
Thursday, 12/5/19: hunley.org - read History (Hunley Sinkings and History is Made; read They Mystery (Overview, Evidence, Theories)
Monday, 12/9/ 19:
- Read over SW #28; study notes Ch. 16, III.
- For next Monday, 12/16 - know map which we did in class today.
- IXL (due Thursday, 12/12) O 1-2
I apologize for not posting yesterday's homework, but my Internet was down.
Wednesday, 12/11/19: Know Ch. 16, sections 2-3
Thursday, 12/12/19: Gettysburg Address - highlight repeated words (not articles) and IXL O-5. Test on Civil War next Thursday. ****Know US PHYSICAL MAP INFORMATION FOR MONDAY, 12/16.
- IXL, O-3, by tomorrow, O-4 by Wednesday. Test on Civil War on Thursday.
- Know map of US states by 1/6/20.
- PRINT CH. 18 BY JANUARY 2, 2020 .
Wednesday, 12/18/19: Test on Civil War tomorrow.
Thursday, 1/2/20: Complete highlighting Ch. 18, Section I notes (takes you throuygh the Transcontinental RR). Read textbook, pp. 587-592. Be prepared to answer questions on p. 592.
REMINDER: On December 16, you were assigned knowing the map of US states by Monday, January 6.
- Ch. 18, read, take notes on pp. 586-592; study notes.
- GEOGRAPHY: Regional brochure due 1/21; complete colorin in map of US regions. Know regions.
Tuesday, 1/7/2020: Pony Express article; study notes.
Wednesday, 1/8/2020: Study for exams.
Thursday, 1/9/2020: Due Monday, 1/13 - Ch. 18 Student Resources
- Enrichment : Custer Bio; Primary Source Battle of Little Bighorn
- Section Resources: Section 2
Monday, 1/13 - Thursday, 1/16: Study for exams. Print Chapters 19 and 20 by Tuesday, 1/21.
Social Studies 8 Mid-Term Exam Study Guide.docx (docx)
Chapter 19 Industrial Age.docx (docx)
Chapter 18 The West (doc)
CHAPTER 16 Civil War (doc)
Chapter 28 The Civil Rights Movement.docx (docx)
Ch. 17 Reconstruction.docx (docx)
Chapter 15 (doc)
Ch. 14.docx (docx)