|Jr. High Social Studies|
Monday, 11/11/19: NO Homework.
Tuesday, 11/12/93: Study the geogrpahy outline of US. Whoever received below a 75% (D) on their test, please be sure to get test signed and returned to me.
Wednesday, 11/13/19: Go over Ch. 2 secion 1 notes; study US geography. REMEMBER to bring in all research work done thus far on both individual and group MD projects.
Thursday, 11/14/19: Geography quiz on Monday; Why columbus Day is a thing essay due Monday.
Monday, 11.18/19: SW#5, last page
Tuesday, 11/19/19: Online textbooks, ch.2, Student resources, Guided Reading workbook, sections 1 and 2 -print and do all except for last part of section 2.
Wednesday, 11/20/19: Know Ch. 2, sections 1-3.
- Social Studies- SW #6, p.1 read, highlight Drake. . .; pp. 2-3, read highlight Early French and English explorers
- MD - Have tentative thesis statements for both individual and group work and 3 individual project Evaluating Research Checklist. You have been working on this with both Mrs. Gagnon and myself in class, so this is due Monday, 11/25.
Monday, 11/25/19: Complete reading, notes from History Channel site www.history.com/topics/explorations/exploration-of-north-america and review map of European explorations.
PARENTS, FYI Multicultural Day has been postponed until May. Because the 7th grade is already deeply into their research, they will continue working on their projects. A checklist of materials and due dates will be posted on this website shortly.
Tuesday, 11/26/19: Know map and explorers
- Study for postponed quiz on map and explorers for Monday, 12/2.
- You have been given a Multicultural check list of due dates. This check list has also been added to this website as MD Checklist docx. If you lose the original, please refer to this list.
- Welcome Back cards for Mrs. Polidoro
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Monday, 12/2/19: No homework becausse of quiz.
Tuesday, 12/3/2019: Ch. 2, Student Resources, Guided Reading workbook, sec. 5 - print, do. Also, print out Ch. 3. REMINDER: MCD worklist materials for Thursday.
Wednesday, 12/4/19: Due Monday, 12/9 - Equiano ques./ ans. paper - typed. Be sure to include primary sources.
Thursday, 12/5/19: Study map of colonies; IXL JJ 2-4 (by Tuesday)
Monday, 12/9/19: study map of colonies, eActivity - Animated Geography and History - Jamestown and Roanoke (You do not have to do the last slide #4; read and highlight SW #8 Jamestown found on the top of pp.2-3.
I apologize for not posting yesterday's homework, but my Internet was down.
Wednesday, 12/11/19: Ch. 3, Student Resources, Section 1 of Guided Reading Worksbook
Thursday, 12/12/19: Quiz on Southern colonies on Monday; IXL JJ 9-10
Monday, 12/16/19: No homework because of quiz.
- Review notes on Plimoth Colony; go over papers on Mayflower voyage.
- First draft of MCD Group projects due. Share group slides with me; have layout for exhibit board.
- MCD second draft of Group Projects are due Monday, 1/6. Some of you have much work to do as you did nothing over Christmas break. Discuss, edit, revise as a GROUP!!! then share projects with me.
- First draft of Individual MCD projects are due Thursday, 1/9.
Monday, 1/6/2020: SW #9 - read and highlight p.1 and tops of pp.2-3. Study notes.
Tuesday, 1/7/2020: Study notes on New England colonies. IXL JJ 5-6 due Thursday, 1/9.
Wednesday, 1/8/2020: Study for quiz on New England colonies.
- IXL assigned Tuesday is due tomorrow.
- SW #10 Read and highlight tops of pp.2-3 The Middle Colonies
Monday, 1/13 - Thursday, 1/16: Study for exams. Print Ch. 4, American Revolution by Tuesday, 1/21.
- Complete pp.2-3 of SW #12 - due tomorrow.
- Discuss impeachment trial with parents; get comments - due Thursday.
Wednesday, 1/22/20: read pp.95-96. Be prepared to answer questions on the French and Indian War.
- Google French and Indian War Prezi Youtube, take notes, due Tuesday, 1/28.
- Impeachment slides notes - due Monday, 1/27
SOCIAL STUDIES 7 MID STUDY SHEET (doc)
MD Checklist.docx (docx)
Ch. 1.docx (docx)